Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WON'T THEY EVER LEARN?

Ball players always think they can beat the system. Why do they even try? Money - money - money, that's why.  Melky Cabrera of the Giants was headed for the biggest payday of his life. He's hitting .346 and is the motivating force of the Giant offense. Not any more. He's been suspended for 50 games for testing postive for a banned performance-enhancing substance. How sad. At least he didn't make any lame excuses.
"My positive test was the result of my use of a substance I should not have used," Cabrera said in a statement released by the union. "I accept my suspension under the Joint Drug Program and I will try to move on with my life. I am deeply sorry for my mistake and I apologize to my teammates, to the San Francisco Giants organization and to the fans for letting them down."

He was a fan favorite in San Francisco, even inspiring a fan club: "The Melk-Maids." He had nicknames like, "The Melk Man," "Melky Way" and "Got Melk?"  Now he can add another one: "Got Juice?"

CP-

No comments: