Monday, January 02, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR

***A FEW QUICK RESOLUTIONS***
-- I will not get irritated by the inane comments of Tim McCarver (I won't listen)

-- I will allow 'Flash' Flaherty to say once a game, "He didn't try to do too much with it ." (Obviously, Flash doesn't)

-- I will continue to avoid the name "The 'Cuse," when referring to Syracuse. (Wish everyone would)

-- I will continue to give thanks for Mariano Rivera (as do all the Yanks)

-- I will not mention the name 'Sergio Mitre.' (Hopefully, neither will Brian Cashman)

-- I will continue to enjoy the three-hour lunches with family and friends

If you see or hear me break one of these, please mention it and I will be properly apologetic. Don't expect money.

**A cable snapped and sent an overhead camera crashing to the ground in the fourth quarter of the "Insight Bowl." Um, don't you think they should have seen this coming?

**The Red Sox have signed closer Andrew Bailey. In response, the Yanks have inked former Red Sox reliever Hideki Okajima. Hideki Okajima? Really, Cashman, is that the best you could do?

***THEY SAID IT***
"Dover, Del., International Speedway, at the behest of its ever-widening fan base, says it will increase the width of its seats by four inches. Hey, it was either that or take gravy off the concession menus." -- Dwight Perry
"Experts told Reuters that to be safe, breast implants need a lifetime of care. I like to think I am a caring person." -- Cam Hutchinson
"NY Rangers have demoted Sean Avery again this year. He has been sent to their minor league team in Connecticut. Would this qualify as “Sloppy Seconds”?" -- TC Chong
"Playboy model Megan Dills had to miss a photo shoot after getting trampled at a basketball game when elated Hoosier fans stormed the court. That's today's sports rundown." -- RJ Currie

CP-




No comments: