Thursday, October 20, 2011

THIS WILL BE QUICK

***FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WATCHED THE GAME***
I thought there was something wrong with my TV until I realized it was just the cameraman shivering. Thanks again, 'Bunglin' Bud, for the World Series schedule.

***FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LISTENED TO THE GAME***
I think Janice Hough said it best:
Tonight during game one of the World Series, an excited Tim McCarver responded to a seventh-inning strikeout by saying “STRIKE – It’s a five letter word.” And then he proceeded to spell it “S-T-R-I-K-E.”
If “strike” is a five letter word, by that standard so is “stupid.”


***JUST AS I SAID***
A couple of days ago, I wrote this about the World Series:

** Hopefully, the Brewers will end up in the World Series, otherwise we will see more of Tony LaRussa than most of his players. Win or lose, he will be out to show everyone what a 'smart' manager he is. He will make some of the weirdest (or craziest) decisions. Anything so people will be talking about him and not the game.

And, here is a headline in today's Rochester D & C:

La Russa's moves pay off in game 1

## On a personal note, thank you to all my friends and relatives who continue to shower me with their good wishes. I appreciate it.

CP-

No comments: