Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'M STILL AROUND

Just hanging around waiting for New Years. No big plans for Picasner & his lovely bride, as usual. One year, we almost made it to 11:30. I think I still have the same bottle of unopened champagne since 1984.

***IN THE WORLD OF SPORTS - NOTHING***
I have little interest in college football since Tootsie and I don't bet anymore and Uncle Curly is not around, so I'm bored. Baseball free agents don't sign till after New Years and college basketball doesn't start in earnest until then either, which makes it very quiet.
Andy Pettitte is leaning toward retirement, the Yanks still need pitching but nothing decent is out there and Jeter hasn't announced any engagement yet (something about a ring discussion).

***SO LET'S POKE SOME FUN***
Lebron James has reversed his stance on reducing the number of teams in the NBA. "I had no idea what the word 'contraction' meant until I saw it on the Internet," he said. I think we've found Sarah Palin's running mate.

From Brad Dickson:
Ohio State players were suspended for selling championship rings and awards. The OSU players will be allowed to compete in the Sugar Bowl. If they win, watch for the Sugar Bowl trophy on Craigslist later that night.

I question whether the priority is on winning. In return for Greinke, the Royals are getting a new windmill for the mini golf course in the Outfield Experience.

From Dwight Perry:
First across the finish line in Australia's annual Sydney-to-Hobart yacht race: Wild Oats XI.
No, it isn't Tiger Woods' boat.


And finally, from Janice Hough:
Madame Tussaud’s in London has announced plans for a Kate Middleton wax figure, which will be placed next to her fiance, Prince William, and future brother-in-law Prince Harry.
They are also considering a figure of American superhorse Zenyetta, which would be placed next to Camilla Parker-Bowles.

(Remind me to be really nice to Janice in the future.)

CP-
Next up: Picasner's year in review

No comments: