Monday, November 15, 2010

HELP! I'M A PRISONER IN THE DEEP SOUTH

Things are bleak here in Birmingham, Alabama. We've just driven thru a monsoon to get to our motel after spening a week on the Gulf of Mexico. Now I find there is no baseball news in the local papers, only football. And you must be ver-r-r-y careful about what you say. After driving thru Tuscaloosa last week and seeing "Roll 'Tide" everywhere I looked, I mentioned to Annie-O that I missed the "Roll 'Tide" signs. This remark got me a nasty are from a woman cashier who hissed at me, "Ya'll are in Auburn country now!" Yes, ma'am.

***SO THIS WAS NO JOKE***
I heard someone on the ship mention that Jeter had been voted another gold glove. Can't be, I thought. I then checked the only really reliable source for sports news and there it was in black and white from Vod. I will say this: Jeter makes the play on everything he gets to. I won't say his range has decreased significantly, let's just say they don't have to re-drag the shortstop area in the fifth inning anymore.

Glad to hear that sports writers are starting to pay attention to ramblings of Chad Picasner. I suspect being sanctioned by no less a noted columnist than the "Great" Dwight Perry has had some effect. Picasner has also been quoted in the Yakima, Washington, paper, the home town of the above named Perry.

Limited time on the computer, so I have to sign off.

CP-

No comments: