Wednesday, March 31, 2010

STILL JUST HAVING FUN

Pat Venditte, the Yanks "switch-pitcher" was okay yesterday, confusing not only the other team, but also CC Sabathia. "I thought we kept changing pitchers until I finally figured out what was going on," he said. C'mon CC, didn't you see him in the clubhouse before the game?
Apparently the rule I stated yesterday about which arm to use when facing a switch-hitter, applied only to the minors. The MLB rule is the PITCHER must first outwardly declare which arm he will start with, then the batter picks a side. After at least one pitch, both players have the option to change, but only once. ...Please don't make me repeat that.

***THE SPORTSWRITERS WERE AMUSING TODAY***
DWIGHT PERRY: Talking about the St. Louis Blues leading their division in penalty minutes, five-minute majors and 10-minute misconducts - "In other words, Beat Me in St. Louis."
STEVE SCHRADER: On Albert Pujols sporadic back problems - "I'm no doctor, but here's a tip if they flare up again: Don't ask the hitting coach what he would do."
SCOTT OSTLER: "I don't want to say I'm worried about the Dodgers, but they recently lost to the Chinese All-Stars. Approximately 29 people in China play baseball."

Speaking of amusement, our old friend Bob Matthews is making his annual baseball predictions this week, one division a day. I have to keep looking at the header on the page to make sure I'm not reading the comics. I'll let you all know next what he thinks (sorry, bad choice of words).

***CONNECTICUT WOMEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM ROLLS***
Into the Final Four with a 90-50 win over Florida St. (could have been the WHOLE state). Their leading player, Maya Moore, was quoted as saying "We still have some things we need to improve. We're not perfect." I'm sure Florida St. feels better after hearing that!
After watching the highlights and the celebration afterwards, Annie-O commented, "Gee, they even have time in practice to choreograph a victory dance."

CP-

No comments: