Friday, March 19, 2010

NOT MUCH TO SAY

***RON WASHINGTON'S CONFESSION(S)***
First Washington admits getting caught using cocaine last year, then he admits using amphetamines & marijuana when he was a player. What's next, he played golf with Tiger Woods?

***MY BRACKET IS IN SHREDS***
Theoretically, the first round of the NCAA's should be relatively easy to predict. Oh, you have the 8-9 seeded game, which can be head-scratching, and the usual 12 seed upset win over the #5 seed every year, but come on now. Only 16 games played and 7 high seeds are already out? 3 powerhouse(?) Big East teams gone and 'Nova's still in only by the skin of it's teeth. Why should I be surprised? Back on March 4th, I listed the reasons why I liked college basketball and #3 was "ANYBODY CAN WIN." C'mon, you knew I didn't mean the teams that I picked against. I want a do-over.

***THAT'S WHY HE GETS THE BIG BUCKS***
Buster Olney, discussing the contract negotiations between Joe Mauer and the Twins, "If he does sign, it will either be in the next two weeks or sometime down the road." Way to nail it down, Buster, we couldn't have done it without you.
Buster is obviously a Vanderbilt alumnae and gives us an update on their sports teams at the end of his columns and finishes with "And today will be better than yesterday." Since Vandy lost last night, I guess there will be no tomorrow. Sorry Buster.

***RUDY'S AT THE LOOP IS OPEN***
But Annie-O won't let me go. Could someone please UPS me a Fish 'n Chips with extra tartar sauce? Two, while you're at it.

CP-

No comments: