Sunday, March 21, 2010

A LITTLE OF THIS...A LITTLE OF THAT

***IF YOU CAN'T TRUST THE SEEDINGS...***
Yeah, that's it. It not that we can't pick winners, it's just that the seedings are all wrong. And those analysts (I almost said experts!) keep pulling the wool over our eyes. One of the best Big East teams, Villanova, bit the dust yesterday as did the team most likely to win it all, Kansas. Or so we were told. I watched an interview with Dick Vitale this morning, explaining what happened yesterday. By the time he was done, he made it sound like he knew it all along and we should have listened to him. Truthfully, I don't usually listen to him 'cause I don't like it when my ears bleed. Well, it will be all over soon and I can stop sitting in a corner with my thumb in my mouth.
Syracuse better watch out today.

***ANYBODY NEED ANY TICKETS?***
The Vice President of Ticketing for the Boston Red Sox, said that requests for the opportunity to buy tickets (I love THAT phrase) to the home opener with the Yankees, numbered in the 200,000s. He said a factor was that ticket prices were 20% lower by average than last year. I guess we'll have to watch it on TV. But wait...there are really upwards of 6500 seats still available, about 16% of the capacity. Granted these tickets are only available thru Stub-Hub and other "legal scalpers," but they are there. Just make sure your checking account is in good order.

***WHAT'S BETTER THAN MANNY BEING MANNY?***
Why it's Milton Bradley being Milton Bradley. Baseball's true 'Bad Boy' has already been kicked out of TWO spring training games. How do you get kicked out of spring training games? I thought spring training was the time you worked on your weaknesses, not your strengths. It can't be Bradley's fault; so far he's blamed: 1.) His teammates 2.) A manager 3.) A general manager 4.) The umpires 5.) The media 6.) A whole city. Who's left? Those pesky hot dog vendors? This doesn't bode well for the Mariners.

CP-

No comments: