Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A FEW QUICK NOTES

Sorry, I don't have a lot of time today. Our Census Form arrived and we have to complete it and mail it...oh wait, it's done. Gee, that was hard.

***THE NATIONAL HEALTH SURVEY***
In telephone interviews, people were asked if they drank alcohol. To qualify as a "drinker," you had to have at least 12 drinks in your lifetime. Only 61% of the people qualified. Picasner qualified at every fraternity party he ever attended. Obviously, somebody's not pulling their weight.

***IAN HAMILTON, LEADER-POST, SASKATCHEWAN***
Commenting on the signing if 48-year old Chris Chelios by the Atlanta Thrashers hockey team: "He played 13 minutes, blocked one shot and threw one artificial hip check."

***NIT NEWS***
While we waiting for the 'Big Show,' there is another tournament in NYC. Connecticut is in this one and managed to win their first game, 59-57. No truth to the rumor that it was a Skins & Shirts game. North Carolina also won, beating William & Mary, 80-72, but only because William didn't show up.

***STUPID RUMOR OF THE WEEK***
St Louis considering trading Albert Pujols to the Phillies for Ryan Howard. Obviously, the National Health people neglected to include the St. Louis front office in the drinking survey.

***NOT EXACTLY A CIVIL WAR***
But it is brother-against-brother in the SU-Vermont game. Syracuse forward, Kris Joseph's brother, Maurice, is the shooting guard for the Catamounts (How did I miss this nickname?). Because of SU's zone, they won't be matched up, but Kris says, "I know his game. I can close my eyes and guard him." I predict this comment will be on the Vermont bulletin board.

***I NEED AN EXPLANATION***
Okay, I don't claim to be the big expert on college basketball, but I don't understand the predictions about Duke. I may be all wet on this one, but Duke plays in a conference that wasn't that strong, never played anyone in the top ten, yet is being touted as a final four team. I can't see it. The best I could say about them is that nobody knows how good they are, not even their coach. Well, that's why they play the games.

CP-

No comments: