Wednesday, February 10, 2010

JESSIE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU, NOT ME

Sorry, Vod. "...but not outstanding.." is a phase that modifies the description 'decent,' and needs to be separated by commas, which is exactly what I did. If I didn't, Jessie would say, "That's a run-on sentence, mister."

***...AND ALL THE TIME, I THOUGHT THIS WAS A SPORTS BLOG***
Here we are arguing proper English, which no one uses anymore if I may judge by looking at restaurant menus and newspaper articles. (Don't get excited, Vod, the NY Times is excluded.)
However, my friends on ESPN continue to abuse the language and insult our intelligence (?) on a daily basis. The latest from the 'lingo experts:'

# "He's not alley, he's ooper." (describing an alley-oop play)
# "Stop looking at my lemonade!" (I have no clue what he was talking about)
# "That's another row-add win for..." (That's road. not row-add, road. ROAD!)

Makes you long for Michael Kay, doesn't it?

CP-

No comments: