Friday, July 31, 2009

LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES

...And not just the steroid issue.

***MATSUZAKA: "I NEVER SAID THAT"***
It spite of the many 'quotes', Matsuzaka now claims he never criticized the Boston coaching staff. Apparently some Japanese reporter doesn't understand Japanese.

***LAST TIME - I'M DISGUSTED***
How many times can you be shocked, disappointed, amazed, etc.? Two more names have surfaced from the infamous "Gang of 104." All these major stars (Canseco claims there is even a Hall of Famer who was a big user) being outed is just disheartening. There are now only TWO players that I trust: Derek Jeter and Junior Griffey. I'd have to find a new sport if they were ever accused.

***ONE GUY WHO IS STANDING UP***
Former Yankee LaTroy Hawkins is in trouble for a comment he made about an umpire (and you all know what sensitive people they are). After some ball/strike disagreements between LaTroy and umpire Mike Everitt, Hawkins said, "I thought he had determined who he wanted to win the game anyway." Not a good thing, LaTroy. When asked if he regretted his comment, Hawkins replied, "Why would I? I'm fighting any disciplinary action. He has his opinion and I have mine. He thought I was showing him up (There it is, folks). I've seen A-rod do way worse in the AL." You could have picked a better role model, LaTroy. This is going to get ugly. MLB will not let this go.

***DOWN TO THE WIRE***
As this is written, there are 5 1/2 hours left till the trading deadline. What are the odds of any of the most talked about trades happening (in Picasner's opinion)?
Victor Martinez from Cleveland to Boston - 80%
Jarrod Washburn from Seattle to the Yanks - 50%
Roy Halladay to anywhere - 0%

According to Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post: "The Pirates just traded the statue of Roberto Clemente from in from of their stadium." (I didn't think he was available.)

I could watch Hannah Storm on ESPN all day. ...even if she didn't talk.

No comments: