Tuesday, March 31, 2009

MORE PICKS FROM PICASNER

Since I seldom watch National League games, I am not as confident as I might be, but here goes:

EAST:
Philly (Only injuries could stop them)
Mets (Matthews picked them to win - 'nuff said)
Florida (A young team - a Billy-Beane clone)
Atlanta (Farm system has dried up. Trying to be like the Yanks but without the money)
Washington (First in war, first in peace... Oh well, at least they got rid of Bowden)

CENTRAL:
Cubs (Sweet Lou has the guns, it better be their year...or else)
St. Louis (LaRusso has some strange ideas...and sometimes they work)
Milwaukee (Last year was their chance. I think the heart has gone out of them - along with a couple of pretty good pitchers)
Houston (I never think they have a good team, but they always surprise)
Cincinnati (I think Dusty Baker is a bad manager)
Pittsburgh (I don't care, I love their stadium)

WEST:
Dodgers (Even if it means I have to hear "Manny being Manny" all year.)
Arizona (Don't know much about them 'cause they're hidden away in the desert, but they always seem to be in the thick of it)
San Francisco (I know, I'm surprised, too)
Colorado (I love Colorado...the state, not the team)
San Diego (I'd hate to see what happens if Steinbrenner ever got a divorce)

No promises, but I bet I'll be closer than Bob Matthews (like that's hard!)

No comments: