Sunday, June 29, 2008

PICASNER'S PERFUME

While you may use deodorant or perfume to eliminate body odor, nothing eliminates a "stinky" performance like a 10-0 win.
It is very obvious th Doug Mientkiewicz wants to play for the Yanks, but he's still out there trying to beat them. Not so for another ex-Yankee, TJ Beam. He was doing his best to help the pinstripers, even tho" he was wearing a Pirate uniform. By the way, did I see mientkiewicz sitting in the Yankee dugout for the 1st three innings? Maybe that's why he didn't start: the Pirates couldn't find him.
I know Joba is a very intimidating pitcher, but apparently he's also an intimidating hitter.He sure was overly aggressive up there, much to the delight of Jeter & Posada. Wait till he starts trying to steal bases.
Cano seems to have found his stroke, but he still makes me uncomfortable when he's hitting.
I've been to PNC Field. I know it's beautiful. Even if I didn't know, Michael & Ken were going to make sure I found out. Okay guys, I get it: It's beautiful. Be careful, if Hank, The Boy Wonder, hears about your constant praise, you might get traded to Pittsburgh. Actually, that's not a bad idea: Michael Kay for Doug Mientkiewicz. I'm there!
Shawn Chacon (an ex-Yank) has been suspended from the Houston Astros for choking the GM. Is Omar Minaya paying attention? Too bad Willie didn't think of this. Might as well get fired for a good reason.
Rob Neyer of ESPN, visited Cooperstown this week and went over the membership of the HOF on his way to Cleveland. He decided that approximately 25% of them didn't belong. That didn't include the pre-1900 members or those from the Negroe League. He didn't name any, but I agree in priciple (especially Bill Mazeroski, who shouldn't be allowed within 100 miles of Cooperstown. When Rob publishes his list, I'll post a few of the more prominent names. I already have my list (#1 Mazeroski, #2...)

No comments: