Monday, January 21, 2008

GT - 
Back from the grocery wars:
 
If Huckabee plants the pole where he suggests, won't that make it hard to raise any kind of flag?  Even if Robertson pitches in?  39% of the vote in S. Carolina probably represents about 110% of the literate voters doesn't it?
 
I haven't seen a newspaper in a couple of days: was McCain in a plane or a cathouse when he got shot down?
 
I seem to be providing more questions than answers.  Sorry.
 
I might have been able to live with the live TV remark, but...
    1.  I think she was trying to be complimentary, but sarcastic or insult humor is hard to
         pull off:  there is, after all, only one Don Rickles.
    2.  All that the magazine cover lacked was the caption, "Look what they're saying about
         our n****r, now".  At least Tiger has shown some class.
One of the two best sports quotes in my heart is the one about Tiger.
        When asked about testing golfers for PEDs, one commentator said, "They only have to         test Tiger.  If he's clean, what difference does it make what the rest are on?"
 
The other one is a description of Jim Brown's running ability.  "He could run down the field with 10 guys hanging off him and the 11th guy couldn't catch him."
 
I'll bet the Detroit writer has forgotten that Tyson proved that time, money & fame won't keep you out of jail if you want to look REALLY closely at a women.  After they're convicted, I'm sure he'll want to wait thru the appeal process.
    Why are you still watching Skip Cluele...,I mean, Bayliss?  I certainly don't need the stress of listening to his drivel.
 
I'm ready for the 2nd.  I haven't mentioned it to the Bimb, but she doesn't like to miss a chance to eat out.  I'll look up the Kawasaki dealers and suggest a place.
 
OK, the TRADE.  I can't see what kind of miracle the Twins are waiting for.  If they wait till June or July, neither the Yanks or the Sox would give up anyone when they get him for free soon.  Whatever club the Twins might work out a trade with, why would Santana limit himself negotiating with one club when free agency puts everyone into the mix?  The Mets are an option, I suppose, but the prospects they have don't even excite the Mets.  I'm sure the Twins would like to get Johan out of the league, but even if the Mets threw in the grounds crew and an organist, the Twins still wouldn't have any use for them.  (Maybe a few beer vendors).
 
Speaking of beer vendors, I see Peter Angelos is at it again: Voids a 7 for 2 trade.  Doesn't he realize that even if 5 of the 7 players retired 10 years ago, he still ends up with a better team?  I wonder if McPhail is sorry he took the job?  Nothing has changed.  I did hear that if Benson gets traded, Anna Benson has volunteered to take the physical for him.  You'd think that would generate some interest, but then, who hasn't seen her naked already?  Hal Steinbrenner says he has dropped out of that trade, too.
 
Time to watch some football: Patriots (just to shut up Miami) and the Jints (just to shut up the sportswriters.  We'll commiserate after the games.
 
Chad (Diarrhea Of The Mouth) Picasner

No comments: